What is your specialty?
Many states' attorney ethics rules prohibit designating specialties. Kelcey’s practice areas include:
- Business Formation
- Contracts and Complex Contracts
- Intellectual Property
- Privacy & Data Security
- Social Networking
- Tech Commerce / Technology Commerce
- Trademark & Brand Management
David's practice areas include:
- Airport Law
- Alternative Transportation
- Contracts and Complex Contracts
- Construction Law and Highway Construction
- Eminent Domain
- Environmental Law
- Municipal Law
- Real Estate
We have experience with the following laws and regulations, among others:
- State and federal data breach laws
- Social Security Number (SSN) privacy laws
- Minnesota Plastic Card Security Act
- Federal Aviation Administration regulations
- Iowa real estate laws
- Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce (E-SIGN)
- State Uniform Electronic Transactions Acts (UETA)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) privacy regulations, including the Red Flag Rules
- Federal Credit Reform Act (FCRA)
- Privacy Act of 1974
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM)
- Communications Decency Act (CDA)
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA)
- Copyright Act
- Lanham Act (federal trademark law)
What are your rates?
The Law Office of Kelcey Patrick-Ferree believes that high quality legal counsel should be accessible. In fact, we offer some services on a sliding scale for non-profit clients. Additionally, our paid work is offered at reasonable rates, including flat fees and other alternative fee structures, to help you plan your budget, so please don’t hesitate to contact us for our rates for your unique project.
Where Are You Located?
Kelcey Patrick-Ferree is licensed in Minnesota and Iowa, and is located in the Cedar Rapids / Iowa City Corridor area of Iowa. David Ferree is licensed in Iowa, and is located in the Des Moines metro area. However, the Law Office of Kelcey Patrick-Ferree is intentionally mobile, virtual and flexible. We cater to Iowa and Minnesota residents and operate remotely in order to stay accessible and maintain the firm’s environmental footprint. You won’t miss the stuffy lawyer’s office. The Law Office of Kelcey Patrick-Ferree offers a streamlined and highly effective virtual counsel environment for an advanced web 2.0 business world. Contact us to learn more.
What is Intellectual Property?
Intellectual property law is divided into four areas: Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights and Trade Secrets. Please visit Kelcey's blog series "How Do I Protect My Idea?" to learn more, or download this useful PDF chart.
How Do You Pronounce "Ferree"?
It is pronounced "fuh-REE." Like "referee" without the "re-."
The Law Office of Kelcey Patrick-Ferree affords clients the utmost respect in protecting their privacy and confidentiality. For that reason, no client-specific data is published on this site. Kelcey is comfortable, competent and a competitive choice for clients large and small, and has experience in industries including:
- Energy and renewable energy
- Food and beverages
- Gaming (tabletop and online RPGs)
- Health care
- Hunting and fishing
- Medical device
- Product packaging
- Restaurant and restaurant supply
- Software and app development
- Technology / tech firms
- Writing / Authorship